Sunday, April 13, 2008

Blue 2.0: My video!

Not long ago, I came across a book of poetry that I wrote in second grade. My favorite poem was "hens", so I have performed (and enhanced) it for YouTube. I hope you enjoy it, and feel free to leave comments on the YouTube page!



This was a fun project! I did all of the images with IrfanView and GIMP, and recorded the audio with Audacity on my Windows machine. I put the movie together (and published it to YouTube) with iMovie on my mac.

I was reminded of a project I did in middle school, where they paired each of us up with an elementary school kid. The kids wrote Halloween stories, and we had to transcribe them with calligraphy pens and make spooky illustrations. Mine was called "The Legend of the Pumpkin Patch". I don't remember too much about it except that there was "moaning and groaning in the pumpkin patch", which we all got a big kick out of. This project felt similar, only this time the kid writing the book was me! I think Kathy would have been pleased with the result.

No comments: